Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Sunday 12:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Please note that the EcoTarium will be closing early on Saturday, September 22 for Clustertruck Food Festival. The last entry will be at 1:00 p.m.
The EcoTarium is closed on most Mondays, and on New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The EcoTarium will be open on holiday and vacation week Mondays. In 2018, we will be open on Columbus Day, October 8; Veterans' Day (Observed), November 12; and December 31.
In case of severe weather, please call 508.929.2700 for information on museum closings.
No Pets, Please
EcoTarium has many animals on exhibit and also living on the museum grounds. For their safety, USDA prohibits domestic animals anywhere on our property, including those left in vehicles (with the exception of service animals).
The EcoTarium is a smoke free facility. Smoking, including vaping, (the use of electronic cigarettes), is not allowed on the grounds or within any buildings.
Half Price September
Join us in September when Admission and Planetarium shows are half price!
Admission (September 1 - September 30, 2018):
$9 adults, $7 children ages 2-18, seniors, and students with ID, free for EcoTarium members and children under 2.
*Cannot be combined with group rates, other offers, special event or birthday party pricing
General admission includes museum and grounds. Parking is free.
- EcoTarium Members: Free
- Adults: $18.00
- Children/Youth: $14.00, ages 2-18*; Children under 2 are admitted free
- Senior Citizens: $14.00, age 65 and older
- College Students: $14.00, student ID required
- Military: From Memorial Day through Labor Day, active duty military personnel (with ID) and up to five family members are admitted free to the EcoTarium through the Blue Star Museums program. The rest of the year active military personnel and military spouses receive 2 for 1 admission. Valid for up to 2 free admissions with purchase of same or lesser value. Military ID required.
- EBT Cards: Present your EBT card and photo ID for a discounted $2 per person cash admission. Discount applies for up to four people per card, per visit during regular business hours and cannot be combined with other offers or used for special events. The admission fee must be paid in cash. Credit card or check transactions cannot be processed for this program. This program is sponsored in part by Greater Worcester Community Foundation.
*Under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Special rates are available for groups of 10 or more with advance reservations. More information on group visits
While You're Here, Try These Add-on Experiences
- Alden Digital Planetarium: A National Geographic Theater $5.00/$4.00 EcoTarium Members, Children under 2 Free
- Planetarium shows are half price for the month of September! $2.50/$2.00 EcoTarium Members. Children under 2 Free.
- Explorer Express Train (seasonal) $3.00/$2.00 EcoTarium Members, Children under 2 Free
Gift Passes are available for general admission to the EcoTarium and for add-on experiences.
The EcoTarium offers special events throughout the year, including an annual Earth Day Celebration, and Great Pumpkin Fest. Admission for these programs may vary, and some require advance reservations. Consult the events calendar for information.