The EcoTarium is a family-friendly, indoor-outdoor museum located in
Worcester, Massachusetts. We offer three floors of interactive exhibits, exciting shows in
the digital planetarium, daily Science Discovery programs, live animal habitats, hikes
through forest and meadow nature trails, outdoor imaginative play, and a train ride
around the grounds (seasonal).
The EcoTarium has 40 acres of grounds and additional conservation land across
the street. Volunteer gardeners will assist EcoTarium staff in weeding beds, pruning,
invasive removal, planting, watering, and spring and fall clean-up. This is an active
outdoor position and requires a lot of walking to and from jobs around the property.
- Must be able to work outside and walk between jobs on the EcoTarium’s 40 acres of grounds.
- Must be able to squat or kneel with padding to do bed work
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Individuals should be comfortable working in a variety of weather conditions
- Must be able to take direction and work independently and in teams
- Must pass a CORI background check in accordance with EcoTarium guidelines
- Weed beds
- Remove invasives in beds and on natural forest trails
- Pick-up litter around the property and on conservation land
- Help with spring and fall clean-up
- Water new plantings
- Edge beds