Designed as a real-life -- but child-sized -- laboratory, Science + You allows children to explore how scientists impact health and wellness. Through interactive machinery, processes and technology, Science + You opens a window into the world of the research scientist and, through fun activities, shows how science keeps our bodies healthy.
So, put on your lab coat and join us for a fascinating, hands-on journey through the laboratory:
- Try out the sealed glove box and see how you can handle laboratory equipment and measure substances wearing super thick protective gloves
- Mix and separate liquids and solids using special machines just like ones in real labs
- Get a real up-close look at a variety of natural and man-made items through specialized Wentzscope and video microscopes
- Solve the healthy lifestyle puzzle, and learn about the importance of nutrition, exercise and rest
- Have fun cooking up a "healthy soup" in the test kitchen
- And more!
Take the Science + You experience with you!
Click here for classroom and at-home activities, games, and resources to extend the learning opportunities of Science + You.
Science + You was created by Kohl Children's Museum of Greater Chicago, and is presented in conjunction with scientists at AbbVie, the global biopharmaceutical company. Science + You is sponsored locally by: