Preschool Discovery Area
EcoTarium has a dedicated space for preschool-aged children to play, create and investigate science and nature. The Preschool Discovery Area is a bright, welcoming area sized perfectly for young children and stocked with fun learning toys and structures. This popular spot in the museum building was reinvigorated in spring 2011, with the inspiration of our many preschool guests who like to play "EcoTarium" at home:
- Play amidst houses, brick factory buildings and a forest of purple trees in our preschool-sized "mini-Worcester"
- Work off some energy finding the little nooks, climbing the steps and sliding down the slide of a new climbing structure
- Peek inside buildings to find storybook page dioramas, featuring kids' favorite stories
- Read a book from the bookcase
- Snuggle in a kid-sized ferret hammock or crawl through a giant ferret cube -- then watch the real ferrets play with ferret-sized versions
- Pretend to be an EcoTarium ferret keeper: weigh a toy ferret, examine ferret (and human) x-rays, feed "your" ferret and help it crawl through a cube
The Preschool Discovery Room is a perfect place to reinforce connections made in the exhibit areas, in our preschool programs or outdoors on our grounds. You'll find plenty of activities that encourage children to explore and interact with the world around them.
EcoTarium is committed to enriching the minds of its youngest visitors with nature and science programming on a parent-friendly schedule. Check out the EcoTarium's popular Preschool Wednesdays and Budding Scientists and educational programs for preschool groups.