Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Sunday 12:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
The EcoTarium is closed on Mondays, and on New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. In case of severe weather, please call 508.929.2700 for information on museum closings.
No Pets, Please
EcoTarium has many animals on exhibit and also living on the museum grounds. For their safety, USDA prohibits domestic animals anywhere on our property, including those left in vehicles (with the exception of service animals).
General admission includes museum and grounds. Parking is free.
- EcoTarium Members: Free
- Adults: $15.00
- Children/Youth: $10.00, ages 2-18*; Children under 2 are admitted free
- Senior Citizens: $10.00, age 65 and older
- College Students: $10.00, student ID required
- Military: Active military personnel and military spouses receive 2 for 1 admission. Valid for up to 2 free admissions with purchase of same or lesser value. Military ID required.
- EBT Cards: Present your EBT card and photo ID for a discounted $2 per person cash admission. Discount applies for up to four people per card, per visit during regular business hours and cannot be combined with other offers or used for special events. The admission fee must be paid in cash. Credit card or check transactions cannot be processed for this program. This program is sponsored in part by Greater Worcester Community Foundation.
*Under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Special rates are available for groups of 10 or more with advance reservations. More information on group visits
City Science Installation
We are excited that installation work is about to begin on the middle level of our museum as we prepare for upcoming exhibit, City Science. For our visitors, this means that from September through November, some parts of this middle level will be temporarily closed, including the Food for Thought Café. Guests will be redirected to our classrooms for use as a snack and lunch area, where you will find our snack and beverage vending machines.
During this time, there is still so much to do and see inside the museum and around the grounds! You will find a sampling of some of our favorite exhibit experiences, such as our Secrets of the Forest exhibit, hidden gems from our Minerals collection, and even some KEVA planks! Plus, explore New England weather patterns in The Arctic Next Door: Mount Washington exhibit, visit our animals, enjoy a planetarium show, and take a ride on the Explorer Express Train.
While You're Here, Try These Add-on Experiences
- Alden Digital Planetarium: A National Geographic Theater $5.00/$4.00 EcoTarium Members, Children under 2 Free
- Explorer Express Train (seasonal) $3.00/$2.00 EcoTarium Members, Children under 2 Free
- Tree Canopy Walkway (seasonal) $10.00/$8.00 EcoTarium Members *Currently closed for the season
The EcoTarium offers special events throughout the year, including an annual Earth Day Celebration, and Great Pumpkin Fest. Admission for these programs may vary, and some require advance reservations. Consult the events calendar for information.