What makes things glow? Why do certain colors of the rainbow hold more energy than all the rest? Join us at the EcoTarium for a hands-on birthday adventure that explores these questions in a light-hearted and fun way.
You and your friends will sit around table-sized glow boards –- and then we'll turn down the lights! You'll experiment with writing with light, drawing with special flashlights, and creating your own glowing stories using transparencies of animals that only come out after dark.
Before the lights come back on, you'll even receive a visit from a live animal that glows green under black light.
Plus, you and your friends will each make your own glow-in-the-dark wrist cuff (bracelet) to wear home as a reminder of your special day at the EcoTarium.
In addition to the Glow-in-the-Dark activities described above, your birthday party package will also include:
- A private room for two hours
- A host to assist you for the length of your party
- Time for cake and gifts
- Downloadable invitation and thank-you notes
- Return visit pass for the birthday party host and each guest
- $10 gift certificate to the EcoTarium Museum Shop for the birthday child (or two $5 gift certificates for a double party)
- Maximum room capacity is 30 people including children and adults
- $270 (Members $245) for up to 15 children
- For parties of 16-20 children: add $50
- Colorful paper goods and decorations: add $50
- Explorer Express train ride: add $50
- Digital Planetarium show: add $85