Free Fun Friday 2013
Free Fun Friday at the EcoTarium
Friday, August 30
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
FREE admission all day
Please review the information below to prepare for your visit to the EcoTarium. We look forward to welcoming you!
Explorer Express Train
$3/$2 Members, Children under 2 Free
Trains will run continuously from 10:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., except for a one-hour break from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
Purchase tickets at the Ticket & Information Desk and Train Station
Tree Canopy Walkway
$10/$8 Members, Ages 5 to adult
Tickets available on a space-available basis; purchase tickets at the Ticket & Information Desk.
Appropriate dress is required; click here for information on how to prepare for your treetop experience.
Science Discovery Programs
11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m.
Lunch, snacks, and festival foods will be available for purchase between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. In addition, picnicking is welcome on the EcoTarium grounds. Beverage vending machines are available at the Train Station and Sundial Plaza; beverage and snack vending machines are available inside the museum on the Middle Level.
Preparing for your visit
To make your visit to the EcoTarium enjoyable on this busy day, we recommend that you plan ahead.
- Please understand that we cannot control the number of guests that arrive at any one time, and you may find there is no parking in the area at the time you arrive.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Please be aware that due to the large number of visitors on Free Fun Friday, navigating with a stroller may be difficult inside the museum building.
- Discuss with family members what to do if separated during your visit; select a meeting spot ahead of time.
- Please leave your pets at home. EcoTarium has many animals on exhibit, indoors and outdoors. For their safety, USDA prohibits domestic animals anywhere on our property, including those left in vehicles.
- Due to road construction throughout the city, please allow extra time for your journey.
- Anticipate that there is limited parking available. You may not be able to park onsite and may have to walk some distance to the entrance.
- Additional parking will be available across the street from the EcoTarium entrance and at Harrington Field on Harrington Way.
- If you arrive before the gates open, you will be asked to park across the street from the EcoTarium entrance.
- There is no parking at North High School, since school will be in session.
- Handicapped parking is available onsite.
- No parking will be allowed on Harrington Way between the gate and the event exit, to allow for the bus drop-offs.
- Passenger vans that fit in one spot will be allowed to park in the museum lot.
Groups are welcome, but group reservations and group rates for train rides and planetarium shows do not apply for this day.
Please arrive via Hamilton Street to be able to unload and pick up on the Harrington Way curb, just outside the EcoTarium's gate. There will be no bus parking on the grounds.