Free Fun Friday 2013
This summer, the EcoTarium is participating in the 5th annual Free Fun Fridays program, sponsored by the Highland Street Foundation. Free Fun Fridays is a program that includes 60 museums and cultural venues across Massachusetts. Each Friday from June 28 - August 30, there will be six venues open for free. For the full program schedule and to learn more about Free Fun Fridays, please visit: www.highlandstreet.org.
Free Fun Friday at the EcoTarium
Friday, August 30
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
FREE admission all day
Planetarium tickets will be half price on Free Fun Friday!
$2.50/$2.00 Members, Children under 2 Free (see schedule at right)
Explorer Express Train tickets will be available at the Train Station
$3.00/ $2.00 Members, Children under 2 Free (see schedule at right)
Preparing for your visit
To make your visit to the EcoTarium enjoyable on this busy day, we recommend that you plan ahead.
- Please understand that we cannot control the number of guests that arrive at any one time, and you may find there is no parking in the area at the time you arrive.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Please be aware that due to the large number of visitors on Free Fun Friday, navigating with a stroller may be difficult inside the museum building.
- Discuss with family members what to do if separated during your visit; select a meeting spot ahead of time.
- When traveling to and from the EcoTarium, expect delays due to road work throughout the city.
- Please leave your pets at home. EcoTarium has many animals on exhibit, indoors and outdoors. For their safety, USDA prohibits domestic animals anywhere on our property, including those left in vehicles.
- The Tree Canopy Walkway will not be open on Free Fun Friday.
- Anticipate that there is limited parking available. You may not be able to park onsite and may have to walk some distance to the entrance.
- Additional parking will be available across the street from the EcoTarium entrance and at Harrington Field on Harrington Way.
- There is no parking at North High School, since school will be in session.
- No parking will be allowed on Harrington Way between the gate and the event exit, to allow for the bus drop-offs.
- Passenger vans that fit in one spot will be allowed to park in the museum lot.
Groups are welcome, but group reservations and group rates for train rides and planetarium shows do not apply for this day.
Please arrive via Hamilton Street to be able to unload and pick up on the Harrington Way curb, just outside the EcoTarium's gate. There will be no bus parking on the grounds.
Lunch and snack items will be available for purchase between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. In addition, picnicking is welcome on the EcoTarium grounds.
Free Fun Fridays are sponsored by the Highland Street Foundation.