Hourly / Non-Exempt. Part-time, including weekdays, weekends and occasional evenings.
The EcoTarium, A museum of Science & Nature, is seeking Train Ticket Sales Associate for weekdays weekends and occasional evenings. Ideal candidates should enjoy working with people and have a can-do attitude. Exceptional communication, customer service skills, attention to detail, dependability and cash handling experience are essential to this position.
The position is the primary contact for visitors to the Train and is the public face of the EcoTarium. The Train Ticket Sales Associate will handle selling of the train tickets and orient visitors to the process after tickets are purchased. Occasionally answer questions and inform guest of all activities at the EcoTarium.
- Customer service experience face-to-face.
- Knowledge of good customer service principles, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to speak more than one language is a plus.
- Candidate should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, be flexible and highly dependable.
- Comfortable in Public speaking
- Cash handling experience
- Must work well with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Must pass CORI check according to EcoTarium guidelines
- Process transactions related to train rides
- Reconcile daily deposits, cash control records, and run daily reports
- Adhere to the EcoTarium policies and procedures
- Provide an exceptional guest experience by being pro-active in welcoming and offering assistance to guest.
- Knowledge of Altru ticketing system software is a plus.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Uniform / dress code required
- Operate a radio and follow radio procedures
- Provide first aid services.
Please send cover letter, resume and list of three references to:
Human Resources, Attn: Train Ticket Sales Associate Search, EcoTarium, 222 Harrington Way, Worcester, MA 01604
or email: with “Train Ticket Sales Associate” in the subject line
Review underway, applications accepted until position is filled.