Non-Exempt/Full-time, $12 hourly, five 7.5 hour days/week, including Sundays, with flexibility to occasionally work an alternate day, holiday or evening.
The EcoTarium, A Museum of Science and Nature, seeks an Assistant Exhibit Technician to work with our Exhibit Technician to help maintain exhibit components.
The Assistant Technician will be primarily responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and conducting preventative maintenance on exhibit interactives. They will also assist the Exhibit Technician and Exhibit Builder with small repairs and installations of indoor and outdoor exhibits. Exhibits include AV and computer technologies as well as basic motors, filters, pumps, and other mechanical components.
- One or more years of general maintenance experience
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools
- Strong attention to detail and self-motivated
- Willingness and ability to do repetitive tasks like cleaning, stocking and preventative maintenance.
- Good troubleshooting and tinkering skills
- Previous experience doing electrical, mechanical, and technical repair a plus
- Ability to do physical labor, including: climbing a 10 foot ladder, lifting up to 80 lbs, reaching overhead, pushing and pulling objects, and working in tight spaces close to the ground
- Ability to work independently and as a part of the exhibit team
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors in all weather
- Must display professional and personable demeanor with the public and with fellow staff
- Willingness to learn new skills
- A strong candidate will bring one or more additional skills applicable to an indoor-outdoor museum, such as: experience working with natural history specimens; carpentry; 3-D design; theater technical skills (lighting, set building, etc.) mechanical repairs; electrical work; computer/network troubleshooting; aquarium/pool maintenance; metal work; rigging; welding; etc.
- Individual must be over 18 years of age
- Must pass a CORI background check, according to EcoTarium’s guidelines, and have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Conduct regular inspections and test exhibits inside and outside to determine needed repair
- Upkeep and repair of electrical and mechanical equipment used in exhibits
- Clean exhibits and display cases, inside and out
- Stock spare parts, purchase, replace, pick up needed supplies, and manage inventory
- Maintain an organized stock system and storage
- Assist in the repair of electrical, mechanical, and computer equipment used in exhibits and programs
- Maintain exhibit repair documents and log
- Assist with installation, de-installation, packing, and shipping of exhibits
- Uniform/dress code required
Other duties as may be assigned.
Please send cover letter, resume and list of three references to:
Human Resources, Attn: Assistant Exhibit Tech Search, EcoTarium, 222 Harrington Way, Worcester, MA 01604
or email: email@example.com with “Assistant Exhibit Tech Search” in the subject line.
Review underway, applications accepted until position is filled.