The EcoTarium, A Museum of Science & Nature, seeks a hard-working professional to join their dedicated team. The successful candidate will provide a vital role in supporting the organization and its mission-driven staff. Part of a three-person team, the bookkeeper will be involved with all aspects of the accounting cycle, owning some functions, assisting in others and acting as back-up staff in others.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of three years experience in bookkeeping
- Practice in all aspects of the accounting cycle
- Understanding of accounting standards for non-profits, such as FASB 116 and ASU 2016-14
- Proficient in the use of databases and office productivity software, specifically QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Blackbaud packages is a plus
- Post daily income and prepare bank deposits
- Create and send invoices to constituents and funders
- Code and enter bills, process payments
- Process biweekly payroll and record in general ledger
- Monitor cash flow
- Reconcile monthly bank and investment statements
- Prepare, organize, input, and audit monthly journal entries to the general ledger system
- Maintain all necessary schedules for balance sheet accounts including receivables, inventory, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, deferred revenue, payroll liabilities and net assets. Reconcile to G/L monthly.
- Assist in financial reporting preparation and external audit process
- Help maintain database, systems and records for payroll and associated benefits.
- Maintain all document and data files for all financial records in accordance with the document retention policy.
- Manage the annual audit and other regular reporting
- Provide monthly closing materials for review to Manager and assist Manager in monthly preparation and review of financial statements for management.
- Assist with preparation of annual budget as well as with the development of and reporting on project and grant budgets.
- Assist other division functions as may be necessary from time to time
Please send cover letter, resume and list of three references to: Human Resources, Attn: Full Charge Bookkeeper, EcoTarium, 222 Harrington Way, Worcester, MA 01604 or email: (link sends e-mail) with “Full-charge Bookkeeper” in the subject line. Review begins September 18, 2017, applications accepted until position is filled.