Tuesdays through Fridays 10:30am-1:30pm May through June
The EcoTarium is a unique indoor-outdoor museum in Worcester, MA, with a mission to inspire a passion for science and nature.
The School Age Engagement Volunteer ensures the safety and enjoyment of our Preschool Discovery Area by redirecting and engaging older children outside of the preschool area. Table top activities and training will be provided by the EcoTarium Education Department. While at this location the School Age Engagement Volunteer will ensure that the Preschool Discovery Area is a safe and enjoyable space for our youngest guests and redirect older children to engage in the activity.
- Enjoy working with children and engaging in fun activities
- Comfortable interacting and engaging guests of all ages
- Should be inviting and approachable
- Must pass a CORI background check in accordance with EcoTarium guidelines
- Engage guests in-hands on science activity outside the Preschool Discovery Space
- Alert Education Staff to success of activities and feedback from guests
- Monitor Preschool Discovery Space for use by children under 6 and encourage older children to take part in the table top activity
- Assist with straightening up the Preschool Discovery Area
Download the Volunteer Application.
Mail or e-mail the completed Volunteer Application to:
Coordinator of Volunteer Resources
222 Harrington Way
Worcester, MA 01604