The EcoTarium is a unique indoor-outdoor museum in Worcester, MA. The Community Outreach Volunteer will represent the EcoTarium at community events in the Greater Worcester area by offering information about upcoming events and activities, general information about the EcoTarium, and sometimes engage the public in a fun, promotional activity.
Most community events take place in the evening or over the weekend, and range in length from four to eight hours. Volunteers are asked to commit to two community events within a year time period. Volunteers will be trained by EcoTarium Marketing staff.
- Must be comfortable in engaging the public (of all backgrounds and ages)
- Excited about the EcoTarium’s mission – to inspire a passion for science and nature
- Ideal candidate is charismatic and friendly
- Reliable access to transportation throughout the Greater Worcester area
- Must be able to move at least 50 pounds, set up tables and banners
- Must be able to remain stationary for long periods of time, indoors or outdoors
- Must pass a CORI background check in accordance with EcoTarium guidelines
- Help EcoTarium staff set up displays and table
- Promote upcoming events and activities at the EcoTarium to community event’s audience
- Engage the community in an activity, such as applying temporary tattoos or other fun, promotional activities
- Assist with raffle promotion
- May be asked to bring activity materials to the event
Download the Volunteer Application.
Mail or e-mail the completed Volunteer Application to:
Coordinator of Volunteer Resources
222 Harrington Way
Worcester, MA 01604