2016/2017 Annual Appeal: Inspire a Passion for Science and Nature
As the year comes to an end, we like to reflect on all that was done at the EcoTarium and our impact on the community. In 2016, your support allowed us to give back to local organizations and families. Here are some of the ways we gave back:
- More than $250,000 was provided toward access to the museum via free and reduced admissions to underserved children and families. This includes free or reduced admission on Earth Day, Half-Price September, Free Fun Friday, and Veterans Day.
- Partnered with Worcester Public Schools (WPS) on Countdown to Kindergarten, the Worcester Public Schools Science Fair, and 6th Grade Culture Leap Field Trip.
- The Countdown to Kindergarten special event offers free admission for incoming kindergartners and their families, attracting more than 1,200 people; Providing health screenings and information, introducing families to kindergarten experiences, and offering children and their extended families an introduction to Worcester's science and nature museum
- The EcoTarium served as the venue for the 7th Annual Science and Engineering Fair for 600 participants, family members and judges
- Every sixth grade student in the WPS system attended an education program and explored the EcoTarium during a field trip, which saw nearly 1,700 students, teachers and chaperones
- Teachers get in for free to be better prepared for field trips.
- Discounted group admission rates offered for field trips and further discounted for half-price group admission rates for schools in January, February and November of 2016. Nearly 30,000 students visit us as part of an educational group.
- Year-round discounted admission offered to seniors, students and military members throughout the year.
- Summer Discovery Camp Scholarships given to underserved children.
- Complimentary Pass Program provides more than 700 youth, educational, cultural, and other non-profit organizations with a contribution of an EcoTarium family pass for their fundraising efforts each year.
- From Memorial Day through Labor Day, active duty military personnel and up to five family members are admitted free to the EcoTarium through the Blue Star Museums program; We also offer this special on Veterans Day
2016/2017 Annual Appeal Begins November 11, 2016:
Your generous support of the EcoTarium tells us you care about science and nature, and your support of our Annual Appeal allows us to give back to local families and organizations. In fact, the EcoTarium provided more than $250,000 toward access to the museum through free and reduced admissions to underserved children and families last year. Worcester children received scholarships to our Summer Discover Camp and 2,500 students had incredible science experiences thanks to field trip scholarships. We offered discounted museum memberships to social service agencies and libraries, and, families explored our wonderful exhibits during our Earth Day Celebration, Free Fun Friday, Half-Priced September, and on Veterans Day, thanks to free or reduced admission days.
One program that we are particularly proud of for engaging children with science and nature is our Summer Discovery Camp. We often hear wonderful stories from former campers whose lives were changed due to their time here at camp. Some of these students have even gone on to join us as Camp Counselors and still hold fast to the lifelong friendships that they made in camp.
Camp Counselor and former camper, Nick Longo, recently commented on his experience, “The EcoTarium allows a shared learning experience that forms strong bonds while inspiring one another to learn and cultivate an interest. Camp programs allow us to form our very own connected community.”
Camp is just one way we positively affect our community; truly all that we do furthers our mission to inspire a passion for science and nature. When you support our Annual Appeal with your gift, you are also helping us provide exceptional educational opportunities that we feel are among the very best in New England. Please consider supporting our Annual Appeal today so we can continue to expand the impact to our community.
How to Donate:
- Use our secure online form below,
- Or download a donation form and mail your check to EcoTarium, Attn: Development Department, 222 Harrington Way, Worcester, MA 01604