Extraordinary explorations and adventures are on the agenda at the EcoTarium's popular Summer Discovery Camp for children ages 5-14, one of the longest-running summer day camps in the United States.
Registration is open!
Please note: Space for Eagle Eyes (ages 7 & 8) and Counselors-in-Training (ages 13 & 14) has sold out in ALL camp sessions.
2017 Camp Themes and Dates
- Animal Treats and Training July 3 – July 7
- Outdoor Adventures July 10 – July 14
- Solve It with STEM July 17 – July 21
- Wild About Nature July 24 – July 28
- Spies and Mysteries July 31– August 4
- Creature Features August 7 – August 11
- Ages 7-14: $330 per week; $300 for EcoTarium members
- Half-Day Tadpoles (Ages 5&6): $190 per week; $170 for EcoTarium members
- Full-Day Tadpoles (Ages 5&6): $375 per week; $335 for EcoTarium members
- 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. $70 per week
- 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. $70 per week
Online registrations must be paid in full at time of registration. Phone registrations may be paid in full or accompanied by a 50% deposit per child, per camp session. The balance is due by May 26, 2017. All camp payments are nonrefundable.
What's camp like?
Camp sessions run Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Extended hours are available). Every day camp is different. Learn what Summer Discovery Camp is like at the EcoTarium and what makes it special!
Want to be a Counselor?
Please check our Job Opportunities page for Summer Discovery Camp Counselor positions (updated in mid-February).
All applications for paid camp staff positions require a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references.
Each year, there are limited slots for responsible teen volunteers ages 15 to 16 as Junior Counselors at EcoTarium's Summer Discovery Camp. Junior Counselors work with a college-aged mentor counselor under the direction of an Assistant Director to gain valuable experience working with children ages 5 -14 in a camp setting.
To apply for a Junior Counselor position, please download and complete the Junior Counselor Application. You may email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to Teri Lynes, Coordinator of Volunteer Resources, EcoTarium, 222 Harrington Way, Worcester, MA 01604.
Applications are due by April 1, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
For more information, please contact the Camp Director at 508.929.2755 or at email@example.com.
Summer Discovery Camp complies with all camp regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the local Board of Health.