Summer Discovery Camp
Extraordinary explorations and adventures are on the agenda at the EcoTarium's popular Summer Discovery Camp for children ages 5-14, one of the longest-running summer day camps in the United States.
- Fill your summer with science and nature
- Look for life in forests, ponds, meadows -- and even in the treetops!
- Engage your inner engineer and explore how things work
- Challenge yourself to learn new outdoor skills
- Encounter animals large and small
- Make new friends and learn more about yourself
- Play and have fun!
Customize your summer camp experience by topic and spend 1, 2 -- even 5 -- weeks at camp with our mix of one-week, themed camp sessions.
- Animal Keeper Camp: Care & Feeding, July 1-5
- Animal Keeper Camp: Toys & Training, August 5-9
- EcoTarium Adventure - Tracking & Foraging, July 15-19
- EcoTarium Adventure - Wilderness Living, July 22-25
- Gizmos and Gadgets Camp I, July 8-12
- Gizmos and Gadgets Camp II, July 29 - August 2
Tadpole Camp - Ages 5-6
Tadpole camp is specially designed for children ages 5 and 6. With a maximum of 10 campers per session, a counselor-to-camper ratio of 1:5, and fun, age-appropriate activities, Tadpole camp is the perfect introduction to Summer Discovery Camp. Tadpoles choose any of the week-long themed camps and one of three different sessions: morning, afternoon, and full-day. Extended day options are also available to Tadpoles.
Camp for teens
What's camp like?
Every day camp is different. Learn what Summer Discovery Camp is like at the EcoTarium and what makes it special!
For instructions on how to register for camp, visit our Registration Page.
Summer Discovery Camp complies with all camp regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the local Board of Health.