13th Annual Great Pumpkin Fest - Saturday, October 22, 2016
Join us for an afternoon and evening of family-friendly Halloween fun! More than a thousand carved pumpkins will be lit up and on display, plus enjoy trick-or-treating, exciting entertainment, and more!
- Creative displays of more than 1,000 carved pumpkins, lit after dark
- Spooktacular science programs and "Creature Features"
- Full access to museum exhibits and grounds
- Free digital planetarium shows (limited seating)
- Trick-or-treating (while supplies last)
- Entertainment and fun for all ages!
Event Schedule (Rain location update: as of October 22)
Halloween happenings outside:
Walk along the Pumpkin Path
2:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. See more than a thousand carved pumpkins as you explore different areas of our grounds
Fall Fun on the Sundial Plaza
- 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Pumpkin Carving Demonstrations by Brian Sullivan
- 2:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Mini Hay Maze
Exciting Entertainment on the Lower Courtyard
- 2:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Meet radio show hosts and enjoy today's variety with 96-1 SRS
- 2:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. Kids' Costume Parade
Begins in Lower Courtyard, Ends in Nature Explore Outdoor Exhibit
- 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Fire Performer by The What Collective
Science Thrills in the Event Tent
3:00 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 5:45 p.m., and 7:00 p.m. Science from Scientists Presents: Science Thrills Live!
Take a ride on the Explorer Express Train*
2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
(Train will be closed for a scheduled break from 4:30 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.)
*Ticket purchase required. Ticket pricing: $3.00/$2.00 EcoTarium members (limited ticket availability). Tickets available at the Train Station only
Activities inside the museum:
Adeventure the Upper Level
2:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m. Get your Trick-or-Treat bag from the Commerce Bank sponsor booth (while supplies last)
5:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Tracks and Treats with DJ Andy Morris
Monster-ous Fun on the Middle Level
2:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Table Talk Pies – Pumpkin Ring Toss
2:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Worcester Railers HC Trick-or-Treat (while supplies last), and meet Trax from the Worcester Railers HC throughout the day
- 2:00-9:00 p.m. Make Bat Masks and Trick-or-Treat (while supplies last) in the Library
2:00-9:00 p.m. Amergy Solar Trick-or-Treat (while supplies last)
- 2:00-9:00 p.m. The Hanover Theatre Trick-or-Treat (while supplies last)
- 3:00 p.m. "The Trick-or-Treat Magic Show" with Magician Debbie O'Carroll
- 4:30 p.m. Spooky Story Time by Audio Journal Director, Vince Lombardi
- Free shows in the Alden Digital Planetarium: A National Geographic Theater (Limited capacity of 100 people per show. First come, first served.)
Tricks and Treats on the Lower Level
- 2:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Bat Cave and Trick-or-Treat (while supplies last) at the African Communities exhibit
- 2:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Action! Worcester Trick-or-Treat (while supplies last)
- 2:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Polar Beverages – Beverage Sampling (while supplies last)
Spooktacular Science in the Hirsh Telecommunications Center (on Lower Level)
- 2:45, 4:15, 6:00, and 7:30 p.m. Creature Features (Live Animals!)
- 3:30 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. Spooktacular Science: Pumped on Blood
- 5:15 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. Pump-chem Spooktacular Science
Friendly Halloween costumes are encouraged! Bring a flashlight to light your way at night and be sure to dress for the weather. This event takes place rain or shine.
Light dinner items, snacks, and festival foods will be available for purchase throughout the event. In addition, picnicking is welcome on the EcoTarium grounds. Beverage and snack vending machines are available inside the museum on the Middle Level.
- 2:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Jerry's Novelties at the Event Tent
- 2:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Say Cheese! Food Truck at the Event Tent
- 2:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Clearview Farm Food Truck on the Lower Level
- 2:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Eric's LaPatisserie at the Food Pavilion
Free parking is available on the EcoTarium property as space allows. Since Great Pumpkin Fest is a very busy event, be prepared to park off-site and to walk to the museum.
Regular EcoTarium admission fees and hours do not apply on October 22.
The museum is only open during hours of the event (2:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.) and with ticketed admission only.
$16, EcoTarium members $12. Children under 2 FREE.
Tickets can be purchased at the door on the day of the event, or in advance at the Tickets and Information Desk inside the museum (online ticket sales have ended). Tickets are for one-time use, with no re-admittance during the event. For more information, please call 508.929.2700.
No coupons or discounts may be applied for Great Pumpkin Fest, and there are no refunds. Proceeds benefit the EcoTarium.