Friday, June 30, 2017
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm, with last admission at 4:00 p.m.
FREE admission all day
Explore our exhibits, stroll our nature trails, and enjoy Science Discovery programs for FREE throughout the day!
Science Discovery programs
EcoTarium Educators make learning fun at our daily Science Discovery programs! From exciting science demonstrations to hands-on activities and games to meeting our wildlife up close, there's something different every day. Your family can drop in to make observations, ask questions, and learn something new!
Science Discovery schedule (located in the Hirsh Center on the lower level of the museum):
- 11:30 a.m. Animal Story Time
- 12:30 p.m. Pollination Station
- 1:30 p.m. Insects
- 2:30 p.m. Invisible Forces
- 3:30 p.m. What Comes Out at Night
(requires ticket purchase)
11:00 a.m. One World, One Sky: Big Bird's Adventure
12:00 p.m. ASTEROID: MISSION EXTREME
1:00 p.m. Passport to the Universe
2:00 p.m. Mysteries of the Unseen World
3:00 p.m. Flying Monsters
4:00 p.m. Back to the Moon for Good
Tickets for shows in the Alden Digital Planetarium: A National Geographic Theater are available for purchase at the Tickets and Information Desk on the day of your visit.
Tickets: $5 per person/ $4 per person for EcoTarium members
(requires ticket purchase)
Hop on the Explorer Express Train for a gorgeous view of the museum grounds during a scenic 12-minute train ride! The train will run from 10:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. with a break from 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. Train rides are first come, first served with the purchase of a train ticket.
Tickets: $3 per person/$2 per person for EcoTarium members.
Preparing for your visit
To make your visit to the EcoTarium enjoyable on this busy day, we recommend that you plan ahead.
- Please understand that we cannot control the number of guests that arrive at any one time, and you may find there is no parking in the area at the time you arrive.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Please be aware that due to the large number of visitors on Free Fun Friday, navigating with a stroller may be difficult inside the museum building.
- Discuss with family members what to do if separated during your visit; select a meeting spot ahead of time.
- Please leave your pets at home. EcoTarium has many animals on exhibit, indoors and outdoors. For their safety, USDA prohibits domestic animals anywhere on our property, including those left in vehicles (with the exception of service animals).
- Anticipate that there is limited parking available. You may not be able to park onsite and may have to walk some distance to the entrance.
- Additional parking will be available across the street from the EcoTarium entrance.
- If you arrive before the gates open, you will be asked to park across the street from the EcoTarium entrance.
- Handicapped parking is available onsite.
- No parking will be allowed on Harrington Way between the gate and the event exit, to allow for the bus drop-offs.
- Passenger vans that fit in one spot will be allowed to park in the museum lot.
Groups are welcome, but group reservations and group rates for planetarium shows and train rides do not apply for this day.
Please arrive via Hamilton Street to be able to unload and pick up on the Harrington Way curb, just outside the EcoTarium's gate. There will be no bus parking on the grounds.
Lunch, snacks, and festival foods will be available for purchase between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Beverage and snack vending machines are available inside the museum on the Middle Level. In addition, picnicking is welcome on the EcoTarium grounds.